Best Cheap Auto Insurance in Ohio
- An insurance, surety or BMV bond for $30,000.
- A Certificate of Proof of Responsibility issued by an insurance agent.
- A BMV Certificate of Self-Insurance for businesses with 26 or more vehicles.
Ohio's Insurance Requirements:
- Per person bodily injury: $12,500
- Bodily injury coverage for two or more people per accident: $25,000
- Property damage: $7,500
Proof of insurance must be shown upon request of a police officer or the DMV. A driver without proof of insurance may lose his or her license for 90 days for the first offense and up to two years for repeat offenses.
Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes in Ohio
Ohio Insurance Fraud
The Ohio Department of Insurance indicates that everyone pays for insurance fraud. In Ohio, the state loses millions of dollars to insurance fraud yearly. Consumers end up paying for insurance fraud in premiums that are up to $1,000 higher yearly. Nationally, insurance fraud amounts to millions of dollars lost each year. Examples of Insurance Fraud:
- Exaggerating damage to automobile and severity of injuries.
- "Paper" Accidents which are accident claims filed on collisions that never actually occurred.
- Placing a car into a storage unit and filing a claim indicating that the car was stolen.
- Soliciting business for doctors, mechanics, lawyers and doctors for a fee.
- Filing claims for previously-occurring accidents.
- Staged accident crime rings.
- Falsifying an insurance card.
- Lying on an insurance application.
Alcohol-Related Crashes in Ohio
According to the Ohio Department of Public Safety, every year, roughly 300,000 automobile accidents occur in Ohio. Approximately 140,000 injuries and 1,400 deaths result from these accidents. Nearly 20,000 of these crashes are alcohol related, causing at least 12,000 injuries and 400 deaths each year.
According to the Ohio State Highway Patrol, one person in the state of Ohio is killed every 19 hours in an alcohol-related accident. One person is injured in an alcohol-related accident every 48 minutes. In a four-year period, alcohol-related driving costs the state and local economies a total of $4 billion.
Strange and Interesting Ohio Laws
Every state in the nation has its own share of strange and archaic laws on the books. Here are a few of Ohio's:
- It is against the law for women to wear patent-leather shoes in public.
- Displaying colored chickens for sale is against the law.
- Anyone who loses his or her pet tiger must notify the authorities within 60 minutes.
Driving in Ohio
Ohio is a state that is rich in history. Travelers can drive to the Hubbard House Underground Railroad Museum in Ashtabula that includes Civil War and post-Civil War history. The Maltz Museum of Jewish Heritage is dedicated to the history of the Jewish Community in Cleveland. Other destinations can include the Magee Marsh Wildlife Area in Oak Harbor and the Schedel Arboretum & Gardens in Elmore.
Did you know that the first ambulance service in the country was established in Cincinnati in 1865, the first traffic light was created in Cleveland in 1914 and that Kettering, Ohio was the home of the first pop-top can?
Auto Insurance Center Methodology
Auto insurance quotes are for a hypothetical driver who has state minimum coverage with $500 deductibles for one vehicle. The driver is male or female, 35 years old, has good credit, a college degree, and is employed with a clean driving record, no lapse in coverage, or claims. The vehicles are driven 16,000 miles per year for commuting and are garaged on premises. The auto quotes include common discounts and are estimates, but not guaranteed.
- Find Car Insurance in Your Zip Code
- 43004 - 43056
- 43060 - 43130
- 43138 - 43215
- 43216 - 43320
- 43326 - 43506
- 43512 - 43607
- 43608 - 43756
- 43764 - 43964
- 43968 - 44039
- 44041 - 44081
- 44087 - 44118
- 44119 - 44139
- 44140 - 44232
- 44233 - 44281
- 44286 - 44408
- 44410 - 44485
- 44502 - 44636
- 44637 - 44703
- 44704 - 44840
- 44842 - 44906
- 44907 - 45068
- 45069 - 45177
- 45202 - 45236
- 45237 - 45309
- 45311 - 45380
- 45381 - 45439
- 45440 - 45662
- 45669 - 45769
- 45801 - 45860
- 45865 - 45895