Best Cheap Auto Insurance in Maryland
Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes in Maryland
Insurance in Maryland is mandatory and fines are not assessed if the rules are not followed. To keep costs low, every person should obtain insurance and follow the rules.
Insurance Facts About Maryland
• Government-mandated insurance law. Maryland requires that all registered vehicles be insured by a Maryland. The minimum coverage limits include $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage for two or more people, and $15,000 for property damage
• Proof of Financial Responsibility is Required at All Times. An ID card and the actual policy are not acceptable as proof of financial responsibility in Maryland. Instead, a Maryland Insurance Certification FR-19 should be presented as proof.
• Uninsured Vehicle Face Fines. Drivers involved in accidents without insurance may face fines and loss of their license. Costs are $150 fine for first 30 days and $7 for each additional day, up to an annual maximum of $2,500 per vehicle.
• Vehicle Impounds. If you drive with a suspended registration, your vehicle may be impounded and you may be ticketed and/or fined.
Insurance Fraud in Maryland
Maryland's Fraud Division has seen an uptick of insurance fraud reports. In general, auto fraud occurs when a claim is fabricated in effort to gain a larger payment from the insurer. This is considered a felony and can be punishable up to 20 years in prison.
Alcohol Related Accidents in Maryland
The number of alcohol-related accidents in Maryland saw an increase in the early 2000s and subsequently an increase in drunk driving fatalities. The state does not have the Breathalyzer ignition lock in place, and experts state that this inclusion would reduce the total number fatal accidents.
Unique Driving Laws in Maryland
In Maryland, the residents do not take kindly to cursing, and there will be a fine if drivers are caught swearing from a vehicle. In Rockville, this practice is considered to be a misdemeanor.
Did You Know? Unique Facts About Maryland Driving
Auto Insurance Center Methodology
Auto insurance quotes are for a hypothetical driver who has state minimum coverage with $500 deductibles for one vehicle. The driver is male or female, 35 years old, has good credit, a college degree, and is employed with a clean driving record, no lapse in coverage, or claims. The vehicles are driven 16,000 miles per year for commuting and are garaged on premises. The auto quotes include common discounts and are estimates, but not guaranteed.
- Find Car Insurance in Your Zip Code
- 20601 - 20695
- 20705 - 20743
- 20744 - 20794
- 20814 - 20877
- 20878 - 21017
- 21022 - 21060
- 21061 - 21122
- 21128 - 21211
- 21212 - 21236
- 21237 - 21638
- 21639 - 21762
- 21767 - 21851
- 21853 - 21921