Best Cheap Auto Insurance in Idaho
Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes in Idaho
Since auto insurance is mandatory in Idaho, drivers should be aware of minimums and laws related to coverage. To avoid penalties and possible jail time, carry proof of financial responsibility at all times.
Idaho Insurance Facts
• Insurance in Idaho is Mandatory. Whether the vehicle is registered in Idaho or not, anyone who operates a vehicle in Idaho must have a minimum of $25,000 for injury or death of one person. Coverage for two or more people should be $50,000 for injury and $15,000 for property damage.
• Must Have Proof of Financial Responsibility. Proof of financial responsibility or an insurance card must be in the vehicle at all time. First time offenders will be required to show proof of financial responsibility for one year. A second offense will require proof of financial responsibility for three years.
• Proof of Financial Responsibility is Required for Rental Cars. Drivers must also provide proof of financial responsibility.
• No Fault or Tort State. Idaho drivers must adhere to a Tort System. This means someone must be at fault for the accident and be responsible for all damages incurred. The damages are typically paid through insurance companies. It is recommended that drivers carry more than the minimums because of the tort System.
Insurance Fraud in Idaho
In Idaho, insurance fraud is punishable by up to 15 years in prison and a $15,000 fine. This offense is considered a felony under Idaho law. Adjusters and agents involved in fraudulent transactions may get their licenses revoked. The act of insurance fraud involves obtaining money through deceptive insurance transactions.
Insurance fraud costs people between 10 cents and 25 cents of every dollar paid for insurance premiums and is a multi-billion dollar problem.
Alcohol-Related Accidents in Idaho
Idaho estimates that 11,000 car accidents in Idaho originate from people driving under the influence with a BAC of .01 or more. In these accidents, 114 people were killed, and 4,000 people were injured. Most crashes occur when drivers have BACs of 0.1 or higher.
Unique Laws in Idaho
The panhandle city of Coeur d’Alene has a driving law on the books that is actually in favor of amorous lovers making out in a vehicle. According to the law, officers are required to honk the horn, flash their lights and wait three minutes before approaching the vehicle. If the cops violate this law, the charges may not hold up in court.
Auto Insurance Center Methodology
Auto insurance quotes are for a hypothetical driver who has state minimum coverage with $500 deductibles for one vehicle. The driver is male or female, 35 years old, has good credit, a college degree, and is employed with a clean driving record, no lapse in coverage, or claims. The vehicles are driven 16,000 miles per year for commuting and are garaged on premises. The auto quotes include common discounts and are estimates, but not guaranteed.
- Find Car Insurance in Your Zip Code
- 83201 - 83341
- 83347 - 83536
- 83544 - 83660
- 83661 - 83832
- 83835 - 83873