Auto Insurance Tips for Teens
Driving is a privilege that can be a whole lot of fun, but with the ability to drive also comes a lot of responsibility.
As teens, it’s important to know how to stay safe while out on the road. When you’re looking for car insurance, price is a big factor, but other issues also come into play. Your age, gender, and even the type of car you drive can all have an influence on how much the auto insurance company will charge you.
People, such as teens with little to no driving history, also wil have have higher rates for a time until they can prove they’re safe drivers. In most cases your insurance rates will decrease once you’ve been driving for a while with no tickets or accidents.
10 tips to make you a better driver
Here are some helpful tips to make sure you’re a good driver and will be able to get great rates on your auto insurance:
- Never talk on the cell phone or text while driving.
- Always wear your seatbelt.
- Obey all signs and the speed limit.
- Make sure you use proper turn signals and use your headlights at night and in inclement weather.
- Try to keep focused while driving; distractions from music or friends can be dangerous.
- NEVER drink and drive! Always find a sober ride if you've been drinking.
- Shop around for auto insurance rates to make sure you’re getting the best deal.
- Find out what your car insurance policy covers in the event of an accident.
- Be sure your tires, oil and windshield wipers are properly maintained.
- Don’t drive with too many passengers for one car, and make sure everyone is seated and wearing their seatbelt.
For more information about teen driving, car insurance, and being a good driver check out the following links:
- Teen Guide to Car Insurance – This site has a lot of good advice for teenagers and getting car insurance.
- Teen Drivers & Safety – On this website, you’ll find statistics, tips, and more all about teenage driving.
- Teen Drivers Fact Sheet – Read this informative fact sheet from the CDC about teenage drivers.
- Car Insurance for Teenage Drivers – This article discusses how insurance for teen drivers can be expensive, and how to cut the costs down.
- Teenage Car Insurance will Cost you a Bundle – This site explains five things you can do to cut teen car insurance costs.
- Safe Driving Tips – This website has some great advice and tips for new drivers.
- Trains and Safe Driving – Each year, teens die in accidents involving their vehicle and train. Read here about how you can stay safe at the tracks.
- Teens and Distracted Driving – Cell phones can be dangerous; read about distracted driving and teens here.
- Safe Driving Basics – Here’s some great basic tips that can help you become a better driver.
- Teenage Driver Crash Statistics – Read here for stats on teenage crashes and accidents.
- Ride Like a Friend – Here are some recommendations for teens driving with friends.
- Putting Limits on Teen Drivers – This article discusses the dangers of teenage driving and what some laws are doing about it.
- Teens Shopping for Auto Insurance – This site explains how teenagers can pay less for their car insurance and save some serious money.
- More Safe Driving Tips – Here are some excellent tips to help keep you safe on the road.
- Staying Safe on the Road –Follow a few simple tips to help keep you and your friends safe while driving.
- Common Sense Safety – Here are a few common sense driving tips that are made to help you think about what you face when driving.
- Winter Driving Safety Tips – This website explains how you can drive safely in the winter, when many crashes occur.
- Road Safety – More information about being safe while on the road.
- Don’t Drive Stupid – This website is dedicated to educating teens about how to drive more safely.
- Helpful Tips for Teens – Read this page for more great safe driving tips for teens.
- Driving Safety Tips for Parents –Here’s some great advice for parents with teenage drivers.
- Teen Driver Safety: Distracted Driving – This video encompasses what it means to drive distracted and how to prevent it.
- How to Cut Car Insurance Costs – Learn more about how you can cut your car insurance costs down.