Automobile accidents can be devastating in many ways. Besides the obvious risk of injuries, there is a lot of hassle involved in repairing your car and getting back to normal after the accident. There are a few things you should remember to help this process along should you be involved in an accident.
1. Once the accident happens immediately call 911 and wait for the police to get there. Determine if you are hurt and describe any injuries to the rescue team upon their arrival. Go to the hospital if necessary.
2. If it is a minor accident and there are no injuries, give your statement to the police when they arrive. Provide them with your insurance information and your drivers license. Ask where you can obtain a copy of the police report from once it has been filled.
3. Call your family. Loved ones will want to know you are okay.
4. When you talk with the other driver or the police NEVER admit anything about the accident was your fault, even if it was. Let fault be determined in a non biased way by the accident scene police.
5. When you get home immediately call your insurance company and report the incidence. Give them full detail of the problem and were a copy of the police report can be obtained. File a repair claim and arrange for any rental car service you may have. From there your insurance company should be able to guide you through the remaining process.
Following these simple tips will help you speed through the recovery process once you have been in an accident. The best way to survive the aftermath of an accident is to simply be prepared. Knowing what to do, who to call and what to say can help make the process run smoothly. Review your policy so you are aware of any limitations or deductibles you may have with the accident.
Remember, your insurance provider is trained in handling claims for accidents, repairs, injuries and rental cars. Let them do their job and help you in your time of need.
Enter Your Zip Code to Get Insurance Offers in Your Area!